By Kimberly Hutcherson, CNN – Updated 2:15 PM ET, Sun April 2, 2017 (CNN)A teenage boy died and 14 other people were hospitalized after guests at a southern Michigan hotel were found unconscious around an indoor pool. Fire officials said they believe the cause was carbon monoxide poisoning. The 14 were taken to local hospitals
Today at 9:00 PM ET BY Moms Clean Air Force It’s that time of year again! We’re excited to announce that we are partnering with Healthy Schools Network this Spring for the fifth year in a row to host a Twitter chat in celebration of the 15th annual National Healthy Schools Day. The chat will focus
15th Annual National Healthy Schools Day 45 Partners Call for Investing in Children’s Health and Learning (Tuesday, April 4, 2017) – “In this our 15th year of celebrating healthy schools, we are focused closely on two core problems,” said Claire Barnett, Executive Director, Healthy Schools Network, the national sponsor of the Day: “that too many
Join RIA for the 2017 International Restoration Convention and Industry Expo taking place April 5 – 7 at the Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel in Palm Springs, California. Attend a robust array of sessions focused on current issues and topics facing the restoration industry and networking opportunities with your peers and thought leaders in the field.
Emails obtained by CNN include information about a mold outbreak in Pittsburgh hospitals. By Lauren del Valle, CNN – Updated 5:14 PM ET, Fri March 31, 2017 (CNN)The likely source of a deadly mold outbreak that started in 2014 at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center hospitals was the hospitals’ linen provider, according to findings shared
EPA Indoor Environments Division sent this bulletin at 03/08/2017 10:00 AM EST View EPA’s On-Demand Professional Training Webinars to Gain Buy-In From School Personnel! Here’s what a school district representative has to say about these online trainings: Acquiring the knowledge— “I thought I had a good understanding of IAQ, yet in every webinar, the presenter has
Recipients of the Indoor Air Quality Association’s Hall of Fame and Advocate of the Year Awards were recognized at the organization’s recent 20th Annual Meeting held in Las Vegas, Nev. The Hall of Fame recognizes individuals who have contributed to the advancement of the science and public recognition of the subject of indoor air quality.
by Kevin Stack Typically, building codes, scientists, health and wellness and green building programs concentrate on indoor sources that impact human health and performance. Often the connection between land use and zoning policies, outdoor sources of pollutants and impacts on IEQ is overlooked. How land use decisions influence IEQ, however, is more critical than ever.
HVAC Hygiene for IAQ: Getting Your DUCTS in a Row Healthy Indoors Magazine’s February 2017 digital edition is available online now, at HealthyIndoors.com, featuring a cover story on HVAC hygiene and air duct cleaning. Additional features include, “Case Studies on Building Odors”, “The Polluted Brain: Evidence builds that dirty air causes Alzheimer’s, dementia”, and “Impact
A child wearing a face mask in New Delhi last year. Credit Roberto Schmidt/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images By GEETA ANANDOCT. 30, 2016 MUMBAI, India — About 300 million children in the world breathe highly toxic air, the United Nations Children’s Fund said in a report on Monday that used satellite imagery to illustrate the