By Kimberly Hutcherson, CNN – Updated 2:15 PM ET, Sun April 2, 2017 (CNN)A teenage boy died and 14 other people were hospitalized after guests at a southern Michigan hotel were found unconscious around an indoor pool. Fire officials said they believe the cause was carbon monoxide poisoning. The 14 were taken to local hospitals
Today at 9:00 PM ET BY Moms Clean Air Force It’s that time of year again! We’re excited to announce that we are partnering with Healthy Schools Network this Spring for the fifth year in a row to host a Twitter chat in celebration of the 15th annual National Healthy Schools Day. The chat will focus
15th Annual National Healthy Schools Day 45 Partners Call for Investing in Children’s Health and Learning (Tuesday, April 4, 2017) – “In this our 15th year of celebrating healthy schools, we are focused closely on two core problems,” said Claire Barnett, Executive Director, Healthy Schools Network, the national sponsor of the Day: “that too many
Emails obtained by CNN include information about a mold outbreak in Pittsburgh hospitals. By Lauren del Valle, CNN – Updated 5:14 PM ET, Fri March 31, 2017 (CNN)The likely source of a deadly mold outbreak that started in 2014 at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center hospitals was the hospitals’ linen provider, according to findings shared
The 15th Annual New York State Green Building Conference is being held on March 30-31, 2017 at the Marriott Syracuse Downtown in Syracuse, NY, the site of extraordinary historic restoration and revitalization. We are very excited to be holding the 2017 conference in this historic downtown venue! As the premier green building conference in the
By Bob Krell, President, IAQ Technologies, Inc. Few building owners or facility managers would argue whether HVAC (heating, ventilating, and air conditioning) systems are important factors in a building’s indoor environment. After all, it seems only logical that the systems relied upon to condition and transport air through a facility would play a key
by Kevin Stack Typically, building codes, scientists, health and wellness and green building programs concentrate on indoor sources that impact human health and performance. Often the connection between land use and zoning policies, outdoor sources of pollutants and impacts on IEQ is overlooked. How land use decisions influence IEQ, however, is more critical than ever.
HVAC Hygiene for IAQ: Getting Your DUCTS in a Row Healthy Indoors Magazine’s February 2017 digital edition is available online now, at HealthyIndoors.com, featuring a cover story on HVAC hygiene and air duct cleaning. Additional features include, “Case Studies on Building Odors”, “The Polluted Brain: Evidence builds that dirty air causes Alzheimer’s, dementia”, and “Impact
By Jeffrey C. May Although I take many air and dust samples in my indoor air quality investigations, I’m going to play the Devil’s Advocate in this article and discuss what I believe are the weaknesses and pitfalls in many areas of mold testing. First, air samples alone won’t identify the location of mold growth.
By Bob Wood Radon causes 21,000 lung cancer deaths in the U.S. and 3,200 lung cancer deaths every year in Canada. If I were to tell you that scientists in Canada and the U.S. have developed inexpensive methods to test for radon, that building scientists have developed methods to fix a building with elevated levels,